Sunday, May 6, 2012

Thoughts by the Engineer Poet

I was looking at some of my old notebooks and came across some poems that I had written earlier.I dont get the time to write so much today..so reading through my old poems, articles, short stories was an interesting re-journey. Question is- does the maturity of understanding as reflected in our writings increase as we age? I don't know....and in order to explain the reason for this dilemna, let me share two poems written by me at 2 very different ages.
**************************************************************
Here's something I wrote when I was 19




Illusions

They say life continues,
and yet another life ensues.
The end and the beginning then?
Many unanswered question again!

Mutiple colors on the picture of existence,
Bright , dull, gray and  green,
The color of the specs,  that's the essence !
of the Imagination-the vision of that which the color supports


Cause all that appears to be ,
is not what it is
And all that your specs construe
is that which you want to see

So that -  which life offers is not what is destiny 
Happiness and  Sorrow?
you'd better find out !
before you cry your heart out.
But then you can't make sure either
Cause all state is one state!
like the pure white-
the spectrum of all colors.

The filter in your specs is what gives the Illusion of  a difference
The need is to get rid of the specs and the questions would be answered
- Hopefully
**************************************************************
Here's a poem I wrote in my late twenties

Lines

Lines-
Some straight
others crooked
Yet strewn
all over
the face of life

Some deep,
others just a whisper
rising, moulding
and all granting
character to the
features of existence

Somewhere sparse
and elsewhere densely placed
Wonder ? Yes and
wonder I do!
What story of it's birth
does each line carry.

**************************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment

 कुछ पंक्तियाँ जीवन की डगर पर चलते कुछ कदम  ये ऊंची-नीची, टेढ़ी-मेढ़ी  सी कठिन डगर  हे पथिक - ये जाना तुमने ?  मार्ग मनःस्ति...